"Ms. Melody was a great choice for us when we started Lauren on piano. Her confidence has grown and her self-discipline is developing. Melody has incorporated songs and genres that Lauren loves (from Star Wars to Disney Princesses) along with her general lesson work. If you're considering piano for your kids - I highly recommend her."
Discover the Pianist in Your Child!
Reasons to Choose Piano Discovery
- Performance Metals, Brag Pictures and Recognition of Accomplishments! - Your child will glow under the praise they receive for mastering a new concept.
- Confidence - Your child will gain strength as they develop problem solving skills and the knowledge they are good at a sought after skill.
- Games! - One of the most natural ways for kids to learn is through playing games. Your child will play games in almost every lesson interacting with musical concepts using multiple senses. Getting "off the bench" changes positions and learning focus with great results!
- Small Group Lessons - Your child will play with rhythm in a variety of styles, from cup taping to making puzzle rhythm trains. Students enjoy telephone tapping and playing music as part of an ensemble. Group lessons inspire students as they explore new styles of music and practice performing their recital pieces and songs in front of friendly peers.
- Recitals Twice a year! - Your Student will be able to gain valuable performance experience and display their amazing new piano skills!
- Improvisation - Your child will be given opportunities to try making up music in the moment. Improv activities give students permission to explore possible sounds, volume, rhythms and various notes in combination. Many students find Improv Duets with the teacher a great stress reliever!
- Composition - Your child will learn to create their own music! Using storytelling and short musical sentences, students make compelling and emotional themes.
- Practice Tools - Occasionally students are given practice tools to take home with them and try practicing a different way. Multiple practice approaches enables the student as they gain several tools to approach problem solving for themselves.